Skip to content

Pets die in house fire

1 Share
By Newsdesk
Pets die in house fire

FIREFIGHTERS tried in vain to save beloved pets from a house fire in Whithorn at the weekend.

Crews were called to a blaze in a property at Low Balcray at 11.37 am last Friday after reports of a smoke detector activation.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “Operations Control immediately mobilised three appliances to the scene and firefighters extinguished a fire affecting the kitchen area of a dwelling house.

“There were multiple animal casualties and firefighters tried to resuscitate one of the animals which sadly was unsuccessful.

“The local vet was called to attend and removed the animal casualties from the scene.”