The small canisters of nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, were found in a playpark in the town.
Nitrous oxide is a gas with legitimate uses, but can cause hallucinations and have fatal consequences.
And the risk of death is likely to be greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or a substantial amount is taken in a short period of time.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: “Mixing it with alcohol is especially dangerous.
“Our message is clear – abusing nitrous oxide is dangerous and the canisters should never be left in a children’s play park.”