BUDDING artists are being given the opportunity to have their work hung in a Kirkcudbright art gallery over the summer.
The Bardennoch exhibition at the Mitchell Gallery invites young and early careers artists aged 17 to 26 from Dumfries and Galloway to submit existing works or create new pieces that address their relationship with the region.
Entrants are urged to enter artwork that best reflects their experiences of rurality, community and the geography of the region.
The exhibition will showcase works that demonstrate artistic merit at an emerging stage, in the early stage of their career as they gain experience and develop an individual style.
The selected works will hang in the Mitchell Gallery from June, with artists having the opportunity to sell their works.
Applications should be send to [email protected] by Sunday, April 18 and include:
- Name, address, age
- School / college / university (if still attending)
- Details of any previous exhibitions
- Short paragraph about yourself and your ambitions
- Work: title, medium, selling price (including 40% commission)/not for sale, preferred display (wall / floor / case)
- 3 clear images of your work
For more info visit www.bardennoch.tumblr.com or follow @bardennoch on Instagram.