Dumfries and Galloway Wheelchair Track Athletics Club’s container of custom and racing wheelchairs, spare parts, helmets, gloves and other items was damaged by heat and smoke after gym mats were ignited at the David Keswick Centre in Dumfries last Monday evening.
A fundraising page was set up in the aftermath of the fire and has so far raised an incredible £37,116.
Club founder Shelby Watson, from Johnstonebridge, this week said: “We cannot express our thanks enough. I don’t think people realise the difference you’re making to so many lives by supporting small clubs like ours.
“The donations will go such a long way in helping us. Sadly the damage is even more extensive then we anticipated.”
At least 90 per cent of the equipment has been damaged beyond repair.
Shelby, pictured, added: “Make no mistake though, we will rise from the ashes and we will do so because of your backing. Dumfries and Galloway Wheelchair Track Athletics is forever grateful for all that has been done for us.”