EMERGENCY crews were called to Young’s at Port Street, Annan on Thursday morning following an alarm call.
Four fire appliances, from Annan and Dumfries, attended shortly after 7.25 am to deal with leaking ammonia.
A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “Fire fighters wore the required PPE for a chemical call out and we followed protocol for breathing apparatus.”
A Police Scotland spokesman added: “The incident was contained and there was no risk to the public.”
A Young’s spokesperson said: “This morning a low level of ammonia was detected at our Annan site and reported to the emergency services.
“All staff were evacuated and, following an inspection by the fire service, a small leak was detected and quickly rectified and the site was declared safe for employees to return.”