The Scottish Government has just released the daily update figures and numbers continue to grow in Dumfries and Galloway.
Meanwhile, a LIST has been released of those classed by Dumfries and Galloway Council as critical key workers.
And it’s these ‘essential workers’ who can access emergency childcare provided by the local authority, if they have no other option.
They fall into three categories and are all deemed essential to ensure lifeline health care and community services can be delivered.
- Food/drink processing key workers
- Food retail and distribution key workers
- Fuel distribution/fuel stations key workers
- Pharmacy key workers
- Registered social landlord critical staff
- Farming sector key workers
- Fishing industry key workers
- Water and telecomms utilities critical staff
- Local infrastructure key workers
- Veterinary/animal health key workers
- Agricultural suppliers
- Garages – unplanned vehicle repairs
- Trades – emergency repair response
- Waste collection/processing – public and private sector
- Voluntary/3rd sector lifeline services
- Postal delivery and distribution Services
- Vehicle emergency and recovery companies
- Essential media staff
- Transport infrastructure maintenance key workers
- Public transport sector key workers (road/rail/sea/air)
- Security companies – emergency response
- DG Facilities operations staff (cleaning, catering and janitorial)
- Manufacture of health care related products
- Financial services (banks, insurance etc) key workers
- Agricultural engineers
- Undertakers, crematoria staff in private sector