ROADSIDE BLAZE . . . firefighters from Annan dealt with an outbreak in burning rubbish among bushes
The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service are warning the public not to discard cigarette ends or anything else which could cause a fire.
Although wet weather is forecast, fire chiefs say the advice not to throw away anything which could cause an outbreak stands for all seasons.
In a typical incident on Thursday night, fire fighters from Annan dealt with a fire among burning rubbish on Stapleton Road, Annan.
A Fire Service spokeswoman said: “Recent weather conditions have contributed to a very busy period for us in recent days.”